Are you are having any of the following issues with your G915 keyboard:
- GHUB reporting low battery level – even after you’ve fully charged your G915 keyboard
- G915 TKL battery dies when it is unplugged from the USB cable
- G915 battery level stuck at 48%, 68% or 88% or any level below full despite charging overnight
These are problems that many users are facing. Fortunately we have discovered a few solutions. Read on for more.
- 1 Discharge the battery
- 2 Try a different cable
- 3 Try switching the USB port
- 4 Use a USB 2 Port
- 5 Move the USB dongle
- 6 Reinstall GHUB software
- 7 Update Firmware
- 8 Is the Keyboard under Warranty?
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
Discharge the battery
Let the battery drain completely before charging it again. This gives the battery sensor an opportunity to re-calibrate.
Try a different cable
The G915 comes with a Micro USB cable for charging and communication with the laptop/PC. Many times a faulty cable will result in the keyboard battery not charging or incorrectly reporting the battery level. Try using a different USB cable and see if this solves the problem.
Try switching the USB port
If you are having a problem with charging the G915 try using a different USB port on your laptop. Sometimes a laptop’s USB port can stop functioning.
Use a USB 2 Port
Many laptops and PCs have a combination of USB 3 and USB 2 ports. We recommend the use of a USB 2.0 port for charging your G915 keyboard. It will be slower to charge but some people have found this to be more reliable.
Move the USB dongle
If the Lightspeed dongle is too far away from the keyboard it can have issues with communicating with the PC. Here’s a longer post on troubleshooting connectivity issues with the G915. Use the extender to bring the dongle closer to the keyboard as shown in the picture below
Reinstall GHUB software
- Download GHUB installer
- Uninstall GHUB
- Navigate to C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming and delete the LGHUB folder
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData and delete the LGHUB folder
- Reboot your machine
- Reinstall G HUB.
If you’re still having problems with the G915 battery level, try updating the firmware. Note that this has to be done for both the Lightspeed receiver and the keyboard.
- As a first step, plug your keyboard and lightspeed dongle into separate USB ports so they can be updated. Make sure that Logitech GHUB software is installed on the PC.
- Logitech G HUB will give you a pop up to update the firmware
- Proceed with it.
- Once Logitech G Hub says it’s safe, unplug your keyboard.
- Logitech G Hub will now show a pop up to update the firmware of your receiver.
- Next follow the Logitech G Hub instructions for pairing. They actually work this time.
Reboot your PC. The G915 should pair with the PC now. If this did not resolve the issue go to the next step.
Is the Keyboard under Warranty?
Logitech provides a two year limited hardware warranty. We recommend using this for a replacement if none of the above tips solves your problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the G915 battery user-replaceable?
No the G915 battery is Lithium Ion and not user-replaceable. Attempting to replace it by opening the keyboard will void your warranty so we don’t recommend doing this.
Can the G915 be used in Wired Mode?
Yes, the G915 keyboard has a wired option. So you don’t need to use it as a wireless keyboard. And in this case you don’t have to worry about the battery charge level either as it will operate while charging. Note however that leaving it plugged in might degrade the battery so it’s not recommended. However if you have an older keyboard with poor battery charge retention, then this is a possible solution to that problem.
What are the specifications of the G915 battery?
It is a 3.7 V 1500 mAH Lithium Ion rechargeable battery
How long does the G915 take to fully charge?
The Logitech G915 fully recharges in four hours. The charging cable should not be unplugged as soon as it hits 99%-100%. Instead, wait for 5-10 minutes for the keyboard to fully charge prior to unplugging and using in wireless mode.
What is the battery life of the G915 keyboard?
The G915 keyboard has 40 hours of battery life at 100% brightness. Turn the backlight off to increase the battery on a single charge.
A pulsing green light means the battery is charging.