This tool converts Mega Samples per second to Megabit per second. It can also be used for the following conversions:
- GSPS to GBit/s
- kSPS to kbit/s
- SPS to bit/s
The sampling rate of Analog-to-Digital Converter is expressed as
- GSPS – Gigasamples per second
- MSPS – Megasamples per second
- kSPS – Kilosamples per second
- SPS – Samples per second
The sampling rate converter can be used to find this number.
Each Sample consists of a fixed number of bits. This fixed number can be 12, 14, 24, etc.
This tool determines the throughput required to sustain this data output from the ADC both in Mbit/s and in MByte/s.
If an analog waveform is sampled at 100 MS/s with a 12-bit ADC, the throughput required to sustain this rate is 1200 Mbit/s or 150 Megabyte/s.
- ADC resolution calculator: Use this tool to find the minimum voltage that can be measured by an ADC. The greater the number of bits the higher the voltage resolution
- ADC digital output: This tool gives the bit (1 and 0) equivalent of an analog input for an n-bit ADC
- ADC Sampling Rate: How is the sampling rate calculated from timing parameters?
- As an exercise use the Arduino sampling rate to figure out how fast the samples should be collected to ensure no data loss