If you’ve ever found yourself staring at the blinking LEDs on your JBL Charge speaker, wondering why it’s behaving mysteriously, you’re not alone.
The quick start guides  provided by JBL do not provide information and we had to do some research to understand the reasons for this and solutions.
In this guide, we’ll explore common issues related to flashing LEDs and provide practical solutions to get your audio companion back on track. Before diving into specific fixes, let’s cover some basic troubleshooting steps that might do the trick.
- 1 Try These Basic Troubleshooting Steps First
- 2 Why Does My JBL Charge LED Blink Blue?
- 3 My JBL Charge 5 Blinks White and Red During Charging
- 4 My JBL Charge 4 Has a Flashing Light and Won’t Turn On
- 5 The Bluetooth LED On My JBL Charge 4 Keeps Blinking
- 6 My JBL Charge 3 Has All Battery Dots Blinking
- 7 JBL Charge 4 Battery Light Is Blinking Red
- 8 Summary
- 9 References
- 10 Related Troubleshooting Guides
Try These Basic Troubleshooting Steps First
- Ensure the speaker is adequately charged by connecting it to a power source using the provided charging cable. Allow it to charge for at least 30 minutes before attempting to use it again.
- If the speaker remains unresponsive, attempt a reset by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds.
- If the issue persists, use a dry toothbrush to clean the charging port, removing any dirt or debris that may impede a reliable connection.
- Should the speaker still not work correctly, troubleshoot by connecting it to an alternate power source or using a different charging cable to eliminate potential issues with the power source or cable.
If none of the above solved the problem, let’s move on to specific solutions to user problems.
The speaker was working fine earlier, but now the speaker refuses to connect to the desired device, and the indicator keeps blinking blue -provided that the speaker is not being paired to any other device in the surrounding area.
If your Charge 3 was previously paired successfully to your desired device and now isn’t connecting, the blinking blue light indicates it is trying to pair again. Try deleting the JBL speaker from the device list and search for it again to re-pair and see if it fixes the issue.
The speaker functions, but it’s experiencing issues with charging correctly. During charging, it blinks white-white-red. Using a different cable didn’t help. Resetting the speaker by pressing the volume up and play/pause buttons successfully reset the device but didn’t resolve the charging problem.
Always use the cable provided with the speaker to avoid any charging issues. It’s possible that an internal charging cable (a flat blue cable) is loose and therefore causing this issue.
🚩 If your speaker is still under warranty, we do not recommend opening the speaker as it will void the warranty. Instead contact the manufacturer as they might allow an RMA and repair.
If you want to disassemble the speaker, here is a video. You can also always take the speaker to the repair shop.
The JBL Charge 4 speaker keeps blinking white even when connected to a power source, but it won’t turn on. Tapping the speaker or pressing any key combination is of no help.
An easy fix is to keep pressing the power button three to eight times and hold the power button for a few seconds on the last press or until the speaker turns on.
Even though the Bluetooth device is successfully paired with the speaker and music plays without any issues, the Bluetooth LED continues to blink.
Hard reset your speaker by following the steps below:
- Turn the speaker on by holding down the power button.
- Next, simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume Up buttons until the device powers off.
- Once the device is turned off wait for a minute
- Turn it on using the power button.
- Confirm the success of the hard reset when the device enters pairing mode, indicated by the indicator flashing blue.
JBL Charge 3’s Battery Indicator LED keep blinking every few seconds even though the speaker isn’t connected to a power source.
The solution to this problem according to a Redditor is to replace the battery. If the unit is still under warranty we recommend contacting the manufacturer.
Alternatively, you can order a compatible replacement battery online depending on your Charge model number. Refer to the video on this page above that shows how to take the speaker apart and replace the battery.
JBL Charge 4 speaker connects successfully to the desired device and plays the music but refuses to charge. On connecting the speaker to the power source, the battery indicator LED keeps blinking red.
🚩 Check the charging brick you are using to power your speaker
Bricks with the fast charging feature provide too much power for the Charge speaker to work correctly.
💡 Use a low-power brick (5 Watt should be adequate) to charge your speaker.
If you are already using a low-power brick, then you can reset your Charge 4 by pressing the Volume Up and Bluetooth buttons to see if it fixes the trouble.
When encountering blinking lights on your JBL Charge speaker, the small steps often make the most significant difference. From ensuring a proper charging source to navigating through device pairing these solutions can help restore your JBL speaker to optimal functionality. With some troubleshooting, you can keep the tunes playing and the lights steady on your JBL Charge speaker.